It’s around half three on the morning of 04/08/16; I’d been trying to get to sleep and evidently it’s not working that well. I’ve decided that I’m not the slightest bit sleepy – might as well put this time into some kind of use! What better thing to do at silly A.M. than to compile a bucket list?
For my inner musician
- Learn and perform a complete piano sonata. Preferably Sonata no. 8 (Pathétique) – Beethoven but I ain’t musical enough to be fussy about which sonata I learn.
- Compose a whole, four movement (non-piano or organ) sonata and get it performed live. No Sibelius, no recording tracks by one person, no cheating!
- Conduct a choir or orchestra.
- Busk in the street.
- Learn to play the harp. Get reasonably proficient (Grade 5-ish standard). Perform said harp.
For my inner sportswoman
- Run a marathon. Decide on a worthwhile charity and raise money for it whilst I’m at it.
- Go to an F1 event (practice/qualifying/race/testing); state of bank account probably determines exoticness of location. Fangirl embarrassingly hard.
- Take up some sort of sporty performing art (e.g. cheerleading, dance, or gymnastics). Perform in said sporty performing art at a recognised event.
For my inner philanthropist
- Donate all my hair to charity. As in: be left with a short back and sides. Maybe even go to a barbershop to do it. I’ll have to grow out my bleached ends for ages until I get enough hair for it to be worth donating, though.
For my inner adventurer
- See the Aurora Borealis. I hear you can see it from Scotland? ROAD TRIP.
- Go wild camping (this time without the guidance of Duke of Edinburgh instructors). Preferably don’t get grievously injured or hopelessly lost or into an unwinnable argument with a hungry cow.
General life bucket list
- Get married to the love of my life.
- Adopt a child (N.B. if said love of my life above isn’t keen, maybe adopt a rescue dog instead).
- Baptise someone who means a lot to me. Speaking of which, I need to get baptised myself.
- Go to a super-fancy restaurant on my own. Cue some saving up.